At Chain Guard, we are deeply committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and our customers' businesses. We respect you, your privacy and your data. We know that through shopping on the internet, there are concerns about security, privacy, and data collection. This Policy describes the types of personal information we collect, how we use the information, with whom we share it. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about any concerns you may have regarding your privacy and data.
When you make a purchase on ChainGuard.com, you are asked to provide the information we require to fulfill and track your order. This includes your name (personal and/or business), address, phone number, and email address. For payment processing, you need to provide your credit card number, type, expiration date, and security code. For shipping purposes, we also require the name (personal and/or business), address and phone number of the recipient(s).
Information including first name, last name, company, address, and email address, and other information you voluntarily provide when contacting us may be collected at the time you subscribe to our newsletters, fill online forms, or request data electronically or via phone.
If you contact our sales or customer service department, we may record your conversation (for training and coaching purposes) with us and collect additional information to verify your identity.
We collect information about our customers and prospective customers during trade shows, industry events and other functions. The information we may collect includes, but is not limited to, first name, last name, company name, address, phone number, fax number and email address.
When you visit ChainGuard.com, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags and web server logs. The information we may collect in this manner includes IP address, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on this site, dates and times of visits to this site and other usage statistics.
When placing orders on ChainGuard.com, you can do so with confidence, and know that you billing and personal information is transmitted through secure servers and will never be shared with any other party, unless required to process you order, as described in this Policy.
Use of Personal Data
We collect and use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- verifying your identity;
- creating and managing online accounts;
- managing our customer and vendor relationships;
- sending promotional materials;
- communicating about employment opportunities;
- communicating about, and administering participation in, special events, promotions, programs, offers, surveys, contests and market research;
- responding to individuals’ inquiries;
- Schedule deliveries of merchandise that you purchase online;
- Create an online account for you at ChainGuard.com;
- Bill your credit card for your purchases;
- Confirm and track your orders;
- Respond to your customer service inquiries;
- To aid our data partner and advertising platforms in increasing the relevancy of our ads to you;
- operating, evaluating and improving our business (including developing, analyzing and improving our services; managing our communications; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- protecting against, identifying and seeking to prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies;
- alerting about product safety issues; and
- personalizing your user experience based on your browsing records, equipment information we collected and your order history; performing research or statistical analysis to improve the content and layout of our website, and to improve our product offerings and services.
We may also use your Personal Data for other purposes that are not incompatible with the purposes we have disclosed to you (such as archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes, or statistical purposes) if and where this is permitted by applicable data protection laws.
Information We Share
We share the personal information we collect from you with vendors who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorize these vendors to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
In addition, we may disclose information about you if we are required to do so by law or legal process; to law enforcement authorities or other government officials based on a lawful disclosure request; and when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
Information collected through third-party plug-ins and widgets on this site (such as information relating to your use of a social media sharing tool) is collected directly by the providers of the plug-ins and widgets. This information is subject to the privacy policies of the providers of the plug-ins and widgets, and Chain Guard and/or ChainGuard.com is not responsible for those providers’ information practices.
A “cookie” is a file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or othcer connected device to uniquely identify the visitor, and/or to store information or settings in the browser.
A “web beacon”, also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and is used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we may obtain “clickstream data,” which is a log of the links and other content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website. As the visitor clicks through the website, a record of the action may be collected and stored. We link certain data elements we have collected through automated means, such as your browser information, with other information we have obtained about you to let us know, for example, whether you have opened an email we sent to you. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies.
Please note, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of this site. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before collecting personal information using cookies or similar automated means.